Tuesday, January 06, 2009

9 Year Old Stops Pit Bull Attack with BJJ!!!!!

You read it correctly, a nine year old from Bakersfield saved an eleven year old girl and her tiny dog form a Pit Bull attack.

A friend of mine just shared this story with me. It happened in Bakersfield, CA recently (today is 01/06/2009). Check it out. He apparently used a rear naked choke to hold the dog off of an 11 year old who had tried to save her smaller dog from an attack by the Pit Bull.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/37069754.html

This application of martial arts knowledge is a perfect example of why I teach children martial arts. This little nine year old was quoted as saying something to the effect of; at first I thought to kick him but I stopped because he would get my leg. He thought about not giving the attacker anything. He then jumped on the dog and applied his choke which basically became a restraining hold for 20 minutes!

Glad to see everything worked out for this little guy and his friend. Let's hear it for BJJ and for kids in martial arts!

KK
www.kungfusansooriverside.com - where I teach children's classes in Kung Fu San Soo

www.sansookids.com - I'm editor and founder of this social network for instructors who teach kids Kung Fu San Soo.

www.bjjtraining.com - Where I train in BJJ - Norco School Under John Kvenbo Munoz, Black Belt 2nd Degree under Joe Moreira

No comments: